We have been home for a week and have had fun catching up with family and friends, done numerous loads of laundry, and lot’s of little chores. In the next few days we will start washing Maxx both inside and out, and clean out cupboards and storage bays.
Tomorrow we will pull into our site at Bear Creek Provincial Park where we will spend another summer at the lake 🙂
We left early last fall in order to attend the Albuquerque Balloon Festival at the beginning of October. Leaving early also allowed us to tour through some of the more central states that we can’t get to during the winter, and we had a lot of fun doing that!
Over the past six months:
- We travelled through thirteen states; our previous record was eleven when we went to Florida for the winter.
- We covered 10,235 mi (16,430 km), which is only 708 mi (1,139 Km) more than 2016/2017 … that really surprised us as we went so much further east than we usually do. We were up from 8,085 mi (13,012 km) in 2015/2016 and 9,451 mi (15,211 km) in 2014/2015; but down from 14,093 mi (22,680 km) in 2013/2014, which was the year we went all the way down to the Florida Keys.
- We spent $2,719.54 on fuel compared to $2,150.60 in 2016/2017; $1,526.24 in 2015/2016; $2,350.54 in 2014/2015; and $5,041.40 in 2013/2014.
- On average we paid $2.598 a gallon for diesel up from $2.514 in 2016/2017 and $2.096 in 2015/2016, but down from $3.128 in 2014/2015 and $3.813 in 2013/2014!
- The most expensive diesel was $3.589 per gallon in Lodi, CA; our cheapest diesel was $2.259 per gallon in Yuma, AZ, which is up from last year where our cheapest diesel was $2.199 also in Yuma, and can you believe in 2016 we only paid $1.559 per gallon in Yuma, AZ! This past season fuel costs made up 13.14% of our budget, up considerably from 2015/2016 where fuel costs only made up 8.68% of our budget … and that is directly attributed to the higher fuel prices and more miles, not because we spent more on other line items 🙂
And once again we had a great winter. Hubby and I have now spent four and a half years living full time in Maxx and we still love it, and each other 🙂
Until next time …