We were welcomed by warm squeezy hugs from very excited grandchildren! Of course grandma and grandpa were just as excited 🙂
So I thought I would share how our expenses broke down compared to last year but I also want to share this fact … last year, through out our travels, the price of gas varied by $.57, this year the price of gas varied by $1.64!!!
Over the five months (149 days because we came home for Christmas) that we were away:
- We covered 9,451 miles (15,211 km) this year, last year we covered 14,093 miles (22,680 km) but last year we went out to the tip of the Florida Keys;
- Spent $2,350.54 in fuel compared to $5,041.40 last year and $3,546.69 for RV Parks compared to $3,703.34;
- Averaged 13.01 miles to the gallon compared to 12.74 last year;
- Spent $151.49 in tolls and parking ($120.00 for parking at the Las Vegas airport when we came home for Christmas) compared to $49.50 in road tolls last year (mostly in Florida and a few in Houston);
- Cell phone and internet cost us $444.34 compared to $685.19 last year, mainly because we switched to Roam Mobility for our cell phone this year, a move we are glad we made;
- Last year hubby cleared just over $1,000 in winnings between Las Vegas and his win in Fort Langley, BC on our return trip, this year we spent $36.80 … still not bad for 5 days in Las Vegas at the start of our trip, mainly because we did win several times;
- This year I probably took another 3,000 pictures but I saved 1,671 versus the well over 3,000 pictures I took last year and the 864 I saved. I guess I need to pare down this years pictures 🙂 ;
- And again, the most important fact of all …. Hubby and I have now spent eighteen months living full time in Maxx and we still love it and each other!!
Of course the figures above don’t take into account the sad exchange rate on the Canadian dollar but there’s not much I can do about that, although it did cause us to really consider what we were purchasing.
Now that we are home I am going to take some time off from blogging, but will try to post once a week, or more often if we are travelling. Thanks for spending our second snowbird year with us 🙂
Until next time …