We have been home for a week and have had fun catching up with family and friends, done numerous loads of laundry, and lot’s of little chores. In the next few days we will start washing Maxx both inside and out, and clean out cupboards and storage bays.
It sure is nice to be back in our daughter’s driveway but that will change on Monday … stay tuned 🙂
Over the past five months:
- We covered 9,527 mi (15,522 km), up from 8,085 mi (13,012 km) in 2015/2016 and 9,451 mi (15,211 km) in 2014/2015; but down from 14,093 mi (22,680 km) in 2013/2014.
- We spent $2,150.60 on fuel compared to $1,526.24 in 2015/2016, $2,350.54 in 2014/2015 and $5,041.40 in 2013/2014.
- On average we paid $2.514 a gallon for diesel, up from $2.096 in 2015/2016 but down from $3.128 in 2014/2015 and $3.813 in 2013/2014!
- The most expensive diesel was $2.959 per gallon in Alturas, CA; our cheapest diesel was $2.199 per gallon in Yuma, AZ, which is up from last year where we paid $1.559 per gallon in Yuma, AZ. This past season fuel costs made up 14.59% of our budget, up considerably from 2015/2016 where fuel costs only made up 8.68% of our budget … and that is directly attributed to the higher fuel prices and more miles, not because we spent more on other line items 🙂
- RV parks made up 15.84% of our budget, down from 2015/2016 where we spent 20% of our budget on RV parks, mostly because we did more boondocking this year. In total we spent 57 nights boondocking or 43% of our snowbird year!
And once again we had a great winter. Hubby and I have now spent three and a half years living full time in Maxx and we still love it, and each other 🙂
Until next time …